About the book:
After the murder of a friend, teen gods and demigods join forces to face a common threat: vampire pirates swarming the Mediterranean Sea.
Poseidon asks Prometheus and his troop of young gods aboard the Marcella II to search for the pirates and their ship, the Tarantula. But in a twist of events that even the legendary gods couldn’t see coming, the Marcella II is found first, the young gods are captured, Prometheus is beheaded, and a mortal friend is killed.
Shocked by this turn of events, Hades recruits demigods Gertie and Hector to join in the effort to rescue the young gods and uncover the secret of the vampire pirate organization and stop them, once and for all. When the identity of the pirates’ leader is revealed, the entire pantheon is shocked to its core.
This book was really interesting. The combination of vampires and Greek Mythology was unique and one brilliant fantasy.
Things I loved about this book:
– The combination of vampires, Greek Mythology and the modern world.
– The character development and relationships between each character.
– I loved the originality of this book. The story line was incredible and kept you wanting more. There were so many plot twists and plot development was noticeable throughout the book.
Things I didn’t enjoy:
– The beginning was a bit confusing. The characters spoke a lot about the past (in the other books) and it felt as if you were being left out of an inside joke among the characters.
– Some of the things the characters did were questionable.
– The character names got confusing.
Overall, this book was really good. It was interesting to see the combination of Mythology and vampires. It created a unique fantasy world, and was unlike anything I’ve read before.
I received this book in exchanged for an honest review. This review is my own opinion.
Please note that I use Amazon Affiliate links. So, every time you buy a book using the link below, you help support this website at no extra cost to you.
I love reading and have been doing it forever. I created this site so that you can get ideas on what to read. You can also share your thoughts and ideas on any books. I would love to hear from you and see what books you love.