Hey Book lovers,
Today’s post is going to be different as I am participating in a great blogging challenge, the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you @Patry’s Writings for nominating me.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1) What is your favorite genre to read in and what is your favorite book from that genre?
I don’t have a favorite genre as I cannot pick which one is the best. I like reading many different genres. I guess the genre depends on my mood. However, I am not a fan of romantic books. The book can have romance, but it must have other genres, not just romance.
2) Have you ever been satisfied with a movie adaption after a book? If yes, tell us the title and author of the book.
I enjoy watching movie adaptions, but never feel that they live up to the book’s standards. Some are good while others just disappoint you. And some just make you want to buy the scriptwriter the book, telling them to read it. *cough* Percy Jackson *cough*
3) Who is your favorite author and what is your favorite book from them?
This is actually a really hard question. I have so many favorite authors.
I guess it goes to Rick Riordan. His books got me into reading. I was reading a lot before his books, but his just sparked my passion for reading.
Now answering an even harder question…
Rick Riordan’s books are all good. I love the books from Heroes of Olympus, but there are also his books from Magnus Chase.
Okay, it’s a tie between House of Hades and Sword of Summer.
4) Does reading count in your self-care/ relaxing routine?
5) Do other people in your family like to read?
6) Would you rather read a contemporary author or a classic one?
I guess it depends on the author. Some I would choose classic over contemporary and visa versa.
7) When did you start reading out of pure passion?
It started after 4th grade.
8) How did you get the idea of starting a book blog / bookstagram? (If you have one).
I enjoyed giving book recommendations to people and one thing led to another. I started experimenting with writing book reviews and so I got a blog going.
9) Is there a character that you identify with?
I don’t really identify with characters, but understand them.
10) What was your favorite book as a kid?
Rick Riordan’s books and children’s myth books.
11) Do you read non-fictional books?
Yes, I enjoy reading non-fictional books. However, the book needs to be on an interesting topic. Or just on history.
My 11 Questions:
- Do you enjoy reading YA? If so, who is your favorite author?
- What is your go to genre? (A genre that will never fail you).
- Do book covers influence you into reading the book?
- Do you enjoy reading retellings? If so, what is your favorite retelling.
- How long have you been reading?
- What is one book that you would recommend to everyone?
- Are you a day or night reader?
- What is your favorite classic? (Includes Fairy Tales).
- Who is your favorite author?
- If you could spend one day with any book character, who would it be?
- Would you rather be Fae, Were, Vampire or Demigod? (If Demigod, who would be your god/ goddess parent).
And I nominate:
- Anyone that wants to continue this challenge further and wants to answer my questions.
- You can answer these questions on social media. Just make sure to tag me.