Lotté Jean Elliott is an Author from North-Eastern England who began as an avid reader before picking up a pen one day and started using her imagination as a tool to create a new universe just like her favourite fictional ones. Through literature, she saw a whole new world open up, and ever since she put pen to page, she has not stopped diving into the deepest parts of the mind and pulled out words that could inspire through poetry or start an adventure with a new character.
When she isn’t writing novels, poetry, or screenplays with her sister Francesca, Lotté loves nothing more than to find inspiration for life through art films, music, exploring museums, and language learning. She loves to explore the deepest meaning behind things and gain new perspectives of the world in which we inhabit.
1) What got you into writing?
2) What is your favorite book genre?
3) What was the inspiration for this book and series?
4) Who is your all time favorite author?
5) What challenges did you face when writing ‘The Damned Society’?
My greatest writing challenge has always been bringing out the vibrancy of the world that my characters are in. I’m most comfortable with dialogue but scenery creation has always been my struggle but overtime as I’ve been writing more books, I’ve been learning lot’s and am starting to really enjoy this part!
6) Are you planning to write more books when you finish this series?
In total, out of this series, I have about 23 completed books. So, I have plenty to edit before I need to write another!
7) How long did it take to write this book?
8) What does your family think of your writing?
9) What was the most interesting thing you learnt while writing your book?
10) Did you need to do research for your book?
11) How did you feel when your first book was released?
It was bizarre. It still doesn’t feel real knowing my book is out in the world! I’m so beyond grateful though and overwhelmed by the support, I hope everybody that also wants to get a book published keeps trying to do so because it can happen to anybody.
12) Finally, if you could give any advice to future writers, what would it be?
To never stop querying and writing. My best advice is to just never stop. No matter how many rejections you receive, keep at it.
I love reading and have been doing it forever. I created this site so that you can get ideas on what to read. You can also share your thoughts and ideas on any books. I would love to hear from you and see what books you love.